Friday, October 12, 2007

One of my worst fears nearly happened today

I know this blog is supposed to be about our adoption, but I just had to write about this. I periodically check the news while at work in case anything major is going on in the world. I was on wlwt.com and saw a breaking news headline about a child bringing a gun on the bus. I always read these because one of my worst fears is opening an article and seeing that school/school bus is in Mt. Healthy. (I taught at Rex Ralph Elementary in the Mt. Healthy school district for 3 years.) The article said that a 3rd grader at Duvall Elementary (in Mt. Healthy) brought a loaded gun on the bus and pointed it at 12 students that were on board. Rex Ralph Elementary was moved to Duvall Elementary two years after I left... so that's where a lot of my former co-workers (and some of them still good friends) work!! Luckily no was hurt. I am so thankful it wasn't worse and I pray that this child only brought the gun to show off or to "be cool". I hope he never intented to use it. This is particularly scary after the recent Cleveland shooting where the gunman specifically targeted teachers and the discovery of the Pennsylvania teen who was planning a "Columbine" shooting. Guess how he got some of his guns?? His mom. What is going on?!?!

No comments: