Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Not forgetting to update...

Just nothing new to report. Our first appointment is tomorrow afternoon at 4:00. I'm sure I'll have lots to write then. I've been reading The Complete Adoption Book: Everything You Need to Know to Adopt a Child by Laura Beauvais-Godwin and Raymond Godwin. It's a very long book but it's very informative! It's also a great resource for us to know what questions we should ask. Right now, our two biggest questions are: What is the timeframe for the whole process and what are all the fees/when are they due? I think our decision to adopt a baby of any race will help speed up our placement timeframe... at least I'm hoping. We are really hoping that we will have a baby sometime in the next 9-12 months! I guess we will see how realistic that is tomorrow!

I also started my class last night at NKU. I'm taking an accounting class. (Actually, it's a little funny that I've worked in the accounting department at NKU for over a year now and I'm just taking my first accounting class.) It's definitely not an exciting class, but it'll be nice to have something other than baby-related things to think about!

I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how our first meeting went!!

No comments: