Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to work...

Vacation is over! What a way to start back... a hour and 45 minute drive to work! There wasn't much snow but the wind was blowing it over the road so it was impossible to see the lines. Makes interstate driving interesting!

Well, morning (and afternoon and evening and night) sickness began with a bang over the Christmas break! The best way to describe it is having a bad case of motion sickness that never goes away. I've told and read that it eases up in the 2nd trimester but that seems so far away (1/25). But I can take it (I think..haha)

I was shocked but very excited to get some baby things at Christmas. My cousins bought the baby two very adorable outfits. We also got a very soft turtle bid from mom and dad. Mom and Dad also bought me lots of maternity clothes for Christmas. Nick's sister bought the baby his/her first Snoopy and it plays the ABCs. She also got the baby an orange onesie (Nick's favorite color) and some bibs. I also got a nightgown for me and matching onesie for the baby. The day after Christmas, I went shopping with my sister-in-law and niece. They bought the baby a yellow onesie (that says "I love Mommy"...aww) and a pair of maternity shorts, capris and pants. While we were out, I used a gift card I got and bought a sleeper and a very soft blanket from Kohls. It seems much more real now! Maybe it will motivate me to get the nursery cleaned out now.

My next appointment is a week from today. They will draw blood and try to pick up the heartbeat with a doppler. I hope they can find it or I'll worry until my next ultrasound! I will also be scheduling my NT scan (which is an u/s and more bloodwork) and that *should* be within a week or two from next Wed.

I'll try to take some pictures of my baby gifts and post them so everyone can ooh and aww over them like I did! :-)

1 comment:

Darren, Mandi, Carson & Ava said...

Kristal and Nick - CONGRATS! I pray that everything will go well with your pregnancy. You might want to change your blog name :)