Friday, September 21, 2007

Home Visit Scheduled

Yesterday, I decided I needed the day off from thinking about adoption. I decided I wasn't going to talk about it, look at my usual websites, email anyone, etc. I wasn't expecting any emails and Nick had already said that he'd make some phone calls today if I needed any to be made. After the last few days on the emotional rollercoaster, I was ready for a break. That lasted until about noon. LOL. I got an email from Sara at Adoption Connection. She told me they had spoke with the birthmom the day before and wasn't sure what she was going to do. I wrote back and told her that I didn't know what she was going to do either but the last I heard, she (the birthmom) was waiting for Nick and I to finish our homestudy so she could look at our profile. However, I also told Sara that stories were being changed and that Nick and I had decided to stop all communication with the birthmom and let Adoption Connection handle it. Sara wrote back and said that she agreed and she'd let us know if and when the birthmom made a final decision. I felt so much better after getting Sara's email.



Then, around 4:00, Rima wrote and said that our first home visit was scheduled for Oct. 6 at 10:00am! We also have to keep Sunday opened as she might be back to do the 2nd and final home visit. It will then take about a week for her to type everything up. If our background checks come in by then, our homestudy will be finished!!

2 comments:

Aunt Marilyn said...

Oh my gosh Kristal and Nick.
I can't imagne what your emotions must be. I am praying that is works out for the both of you.
Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Good luck with this step of your journey.

It's a real roller coaster, isn't it?